We have created some FAQ’s below which provide answers for you regarding the Government backed Gigabit Voucher Broadband Scheme. You can contact our award winning team on 01733 511116 to take advantage of the scheme. .
Is my business eligible for the voucher?
The Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme is for small to medium sized businesses across the UK. The scheme uses the EU definition of an SME – we have provided a summary below, and full eligibility details can be found on the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme website.
- Has up to 249 Employees
- A balance sheet of less than €43 million or a turnover of less than €50 million
- In order to qualify for a voucher grant, you must take a new broadband connection which meets the Scheme rules agreed to by your supplier, ideally us. In addition, it must at least double your current broadband speed!
You must not have received more than the permitted amount of aid in the last 3 years. There’s more guidance on the .gov website here: Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme website.
How much can my business receive through the scheme?
- Business vouchers are worth between £500 and £2,500.
- If your new connection costs less than £500, you will not be able to claim a voucher.
- If the cost of providing a connection is more than £2,500 then you are responsible for the remaining costs.
- We reserve the right to remove this offer at any time.
What does applying for a full fibre connection with a gigabit voucher mean for my business?
- Installation costs reduced (we can apply on your behalf for the voucher worth up to £2,500 via the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport)
- Increased productivity and collaboration with your customers, suppliers and colleagues online
- Upload and download super-sized files in an instant
- Download speeds starting from 100 Mbit/s
- Unlimited data usage
How does the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme work?
- Check your business is eligible from the criteria set in the question above ‘Is my business eligible?’
- If you are eligible, Get in touch with our expert team by calling 01733 511116 or by visiting this page, Our team of expert consultants will match you to the perfect solution for your business.
- Rydal will then apply on your behalf for the gigabit voucher through the scheme and guide you through the complete process from advice to installation. We will need your support throughout the process but our award winning team will aim to take most of the admin away for you.
Is there anything that could prevent my business from being eligible?
- Vouchers help support the capital costs of delivering a new gigabit capable connection to your business premises.
- If you already have a gigabit capable connection you are not eligible for a voucher. The scheme will also check that you are not located in an area where publicly funded FTTP is already available, or is planned to be rolled out.
- Your new connection must also have a minimum speed of 100 Mbit/s and represent at least a doubling of speed compared to the service you have now.